When you have skin tags on the chin, it can be embarrassing. You may feel self-conscious when you’re socializing or at work. When skin tags are located anywhere on the face, they do get noticed quickly, but there are ways to get rid of skin tags that work.
Skin tags under the chin are a practical nuisance for men. They get in the way when you’re shaving, and it’s all too easy to cut them off when you’re in a rush in the morning. That puts you at risk of bleeding, irritation, and infection.
In this article, we will explain how to remove a skin tag safely. We will tell you about 3 of the best treatment options and will provide you with step-by-step instructions for how each is used. This way, you will be able to find out what is involved in the process and how long removal takes.
To quickly remove skin tags on the chin, the following three products are among the best available. If used per the advice below, they’ll deliver results that will leave you feeling more confident and assured.
When you use Pristine Wart Mole Vanish, your skin tag will be gone in only twenty minutes. Provided that you don’t disturb the scab during the healing process, no scars or markings of any kind will be left behind.
According to the manufacturer, one Wart Mole Vanish Kit will remove multiple skin tags, depending on their size. If they are tiny, you can get rid of up to 20. If they are medium sized, it will treat between 6 and 10. If they are large, it will remove about 2.
If you have a skin tag that is very long and thin, you don’t have to cover the whole skin tag, only the stalk. If you have a very thick skin tag, however, you will probably need to use two applications. You’ll find aftercare following skin tag removal to be simple.
Removing Skin Tags Under the Chin
Because the directions are different for each of the skin growths, we will list here how to use it to remove skin tags only.
The cream should not be opened until you use it. You have to stir it and use it immediately.
- Make sure that you clean the skin tag and the surrounding skin thoroughly with the antibacterial solution using a cotton swab.
- There is an emery board included in the kit. This is to roughen the skin tag surface (use it gently). If you have very small skin tags, a toothpick can be used, but it probably won’t be necessary.
When doing this, it will allow the cream to get through the skin. This is the most critical part of the whole process. Be careful not to make the skin tag bleed. If that happens, wait for it to stop bleeding before you continue with the treatment process.
There is a small part of the skin tag that connects it to the skin. This is called the stalk. Pay particular attention to this part, roughing up the skin tag, because this is the part that will allow the cream to target the skin tag.
- Open the small tub of cream and thoroughly stir it with the included applicator stick. If the cream is extremely thick (unlikely), put a tiny bit of water in it and stir well. It should have the consistency of a watery cream.
- To protect the surrounding skin, you can put a thin layer or petroleum jelly around it. This will keep the formula away from the healthy skin.
Using the applicator stick only, put a thin layer of the cream onto the skin tag until it is covered.
If your skin tag is long, put most emphasis on the stalk of the skin tag. This is where it meets the skin.
- Leave the cream to sit on the skin for 20 minutes. You should experience a stinging sensation for 1 to 2 minutes. Depending on the sensitivity of your skin, this feeling can be strong. This is normal and means that the cream is working to remove the skin tag.
The entire skin tag should turn black around the twenty-minute mark. If it is not, then gently scratch the area and re-apply.
You may/will experience some slight swelling or redness around the skin tag. This will go away after a day or so.
- After the twenty minutes are up, and the skin tag has turned black, wash off the white dried cream with water. You can also use a wet cotton ball. Do this very gently.
Important Note: If you have larger skin tags, a second treatment may/will be needed.
- A scab will form. This is an important part of the healing process, and you have to be careful not to scratch it off. Being that it is on your chin, be careful especially when changing clothes.
The manufacturer recommends that you use natural Aloe Vera every 4 hours after the treatment, and natural vitamin E oil every 4 hours after the scab falls off.
It can take up to three weeks for the scab to fall off, or 5 weeks is the skin tag was bigger. Do not ‘help’ the scab to come off by scratching at it. This will likely leave a scar. Here’s some advice on skin tag scar removal, if this is an issue.
- If the skin tag bleeds when you are roughing it up, wait until the bleeding stops before using the cream.
- If you do not feel the stinging sensation, the cream has not gotten through the skin tag. Use the emery board again, and re-apply the cream.
- After you rinse the cream off, a cauterized scab will form. It is essential that this scab does not come off prematurely. It can leave a scar. It can take 1 to 3 weeks to come off on its own.
- When the scab does come off, the spot may be pink or red. This will fade as your skin heals, and is usually healed within a month.
- They recommend using pure natural vitamin E oil for faster healing and reduced risk of marking or scarring.
- If any cream gets on the surrounding skin, wipe it off with the other end of the applicator stick, and immediately rinse the skin with water.
- Wart Mole Vanish can be used on children, but the company asks that you contact them for more information first.
You can find out more about Pristine Herbal Touch Wart Mole Vanish, read reviews, and check the price by clicking on the link!
TagBand Skin Tag Removal Device
The TagBand device is easy to use, and there are no ointments or creams to apply. It is simply a rubber band that is placed around the skin tag and left there until both it and the skin tag fall off.
Again, when you are treating a skin tag on the chin, be careful when dressing that you do not disturb it when using this product.
The way that TagBand works is by completely stopping the blood flow to the skin tag. This will cause it to die and fall off in about 7-10 days.
The kit contains everything you need to remove up to 10 skin tags. It has ten cleansing wipes, ten bands, one cone, and one TagBand remover.
Removal of Skin Tag On the Chin
- Clean the skin tag and surrounding skin with one of the included wipes. Take one of the bands and push it onto the top section of the cone.
- Gently put the cone over the skin tag and make sure that it is level with the surrounding skin.
- Put the TagBand remover onto the cone and push lightly until the band comes off, and is around the skin tag. This band will stay there until the skin tag turns dark brown or black and falls off.
Do not try to pull the skin tag at any time during this process. It will not make it fall off faster, and it may well cause a mark or scab to appear after it’s gone.
Some skin tags will fall off in a few days, and others can take a few weeks. The skin tag may shrink first before it turns black. This is because it is losing blood supply.
TagBand can be used safely on the face. The skin tag, once removed, will not grow back.
This kit is meant to be used on medium to large tags. If you have smaller ones, we recommend using the TagBand Skin Tag Remover.
How to Use the Skin Tag & Wart Remover Kit
This skin tag remover comes complete with everything you need to remove multiple skin tags safely. It comes with skin tag removal paste, an applicator, six emery boards, one roughing needle, six alcohol swabs, six bandages, six cotton swabs, and one pot of healing cream.
- Clean the skin tag(s) with the enclosed alcohol swab.
- Gently scratch the skin tag with one of the emery boards included in the kit. Scratch it enough to roughen the skin tag, but not enough for it to bleed. If it does start to bleed, wait until the bleeding stops first.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly, or Vaseline, around the skin tag. Doing so will protect your skin if any should get on it.
Apply a small amount of the treatment onto the skin tag. You will feel a sensation, and the degree to which you will feel it all depends on your skin sensitivity. If you do not feel this, apply the formula again. This feeling tells you that it is working. Allow the formula to thoroughly dry.
- Cover the spot with one of the adhesive bandages that are included in the kit.
A scab should form within 24 hours. If there is not a scab at that time, repeat the steps above.
- Once a scab has formed, start to apply the healing cream. This will ensure that there will be no marks or scars. Apply this cream carefully, so you don’t loosen the scab.
The scab is an integral part of the process, and if it comes off prematurely, there will likely be a scar. If it does happen, keep using the healing cream until the skin heals completely.
The manufacturer states that some skin tags, especially big ones, may take longer to come off. It has been reported that some have taken one or two weeks to do so. Please be patient. As long as you feel the initial sensation, then the product is working.
Never try to pull the skin tag off, as this can lead to bleeding and scarring.
When you have a skin tag on the front of your chin, or under it, and are using one of these treatments to remove it, be careful when you are taking shirts off and putting them on, so you don’t tear the scab. If it does happen, it will take the skin longer to heal completely.
Skin tags appear many places on the body, on different people. Some products are safe for just about anywhere on the body, but not all are recommended for use on the face. These three treatments are not only safe for use on the face, but they are effective and work quickly.
When it comes to skin tags, some people don’t seem to mind them. Many other people, however, find them embarrassing. When the skin tag gets rubbed, as it could be when it is on your chin, it can become irritated and painful.
You don’t have to suffer indefinitely. Using one of the above treatments will remove the skin tag fast. Some people often have more than one skin tag, which is why these products are suitable for multiple treatments.
There is no way to cover up a skin tag, and going to a doctor or dermatologist isn’t cheap. You will likely still feel a stinging sensation when a doctor does it, depending on which method they use. There is no need to lose time off work, or out of your busy day, to make a trip to the doctor. You can easily and safely get the job done in the comfort of your own home.
This is what makes these products such excellent choices. Another good thing about them is that you have to use them only once to remove skin tags under the chin. Some treatments require that you apply them multiple times throughout the day, and it could take a week or two of this before you see changes to the skin tag, and for it to come off.
You will find that using the micro TagBand skin tag removal device will get rid of skin tags on the chin in about a week. You also won’t have to worry about another one growing back, as your skin will heal over that spot.